Viimeaikoina olen lukenut, lenkkeillyt, kaivanut kiinakauppaläpsyt naftaliinista ja hillunut hameessa. Elämä, se näköjään on asia jonka saan sitten jos (kun!) olen opiskelemassa.
MAANANTAIHOTTIS
Kas niin, tämän maanantain hottis yhdistää tosissaan hömppää ja serious bizznesiä! Ja saa antaa aplodeja kun tämä on kerrankin ajoissa. :) Nyt kun L-Koodi näkyy taas tv:ssä peräti kahtena iltana viikossa (jos uusinnat lasketaan), huomaan jälleen, että Mia Kirshnerin esittämä Jenny on eräs minun lempihenkilö ja sarjan HBIC. Jos saisin itse päättää miltä näyttäisin, näyttäisin Mia Kirshneriltä (tai Jennyltä, kumpikin käy). Jenny on monimutkainen tyyppi ja juuri siksi kiinnostava, liika puhtoisuus on minusta tylsää.
Jotkut toki inhoaa Jennyn hahmoa, mutta se ei silti muuta Mia Kirshneriä huonoksi näyttelijäksi. L-Koodihan on loppunut kai Amerikassa jo ajat sitten, enkä yhtään tiennyt mitä kukin näyttelijöistä nykyään puuhaa mutta tänään luin ONTD:stä (mistäs muualtakaan...), että Mia Kirshnerillä on meneillään hyväntekeväisyysprojekti Malawissa ja siinä sivussa eräs toinen juttu, joka oikeastaan liittyy L-Koodin teemaan. Tässä tulee se vakavuus-osio. Lukekaas:
My name is Mia Kirshner and I am the director of I Live Here Projects. The aim of our organization is to provide urgent care to communities that have slipped through the cracks. Our first project is in Kachere Juvenile Prison in Malawi, where we are forming a full-time school, permaculture garden project and legal rights. These children had slipped through the cracks when we first arrived in Kachere.
That is not what this piece is about.
I am writing about an issue that I can no longer keep quiet about.
While I was in Malawi in December, Malawi's first gay couple got married in a public commitment ceremony. Their names are Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza. I read the headlines detailing their wedding and sardonic commentary of the journalists writing the pieces. Two days after they married, they were met with both public cheers and humiliation. They now face over a decade of hard labor in a Malawian prison for their actions.
I was amazed that one relationship had become news when issues such as poverty, HIV and the slow wheels of the juvenile justice system cripple the country.
At first, I chose to refrain from writing about this, in fear that my position would risk our whole program being shut down in Malawi -- my views are in conflict with the law.
I can and will no longer be silent.
That is why I formed I Live Here projects.
I am angry. I am angry because the right to marry is the choice of an individual rather than a state. I am angry that a dusty law book decides who we have a right to love. I am angry because I know it's hard to find love in the world and no one should ever stand in love's way. I am angry because no one should be asked to have relationships in secret. I am angry that so many are forced into the closets, furthering shame and stigma.
What I know is true is that there is no shame in being gay. Love does not understand gender.
These two men did something brave. They spoke up and they spoke out.
No one in Malawi has done this publicly before.
They are fierce and brave.
The Guardian News spoke with the couple to which Tiwonge said the following.
"I love Steven so much. If people or the world cannot give me the chance and freedom to continue living with him as my lover, then I am better off to die here in prison. Freedom without him is useless and meaningless."
Next week they are to stand trial. They face up to fourteen years in prison and hard labor. This is an outrage. I am concerned that they will be killed in the prison either by disease or the inherent violence that is part of prison culture.
Something must be done to stop this.
Malawi is a beautiful country and is rich in culture and diversity. This ruling will be a stain on its beauty and richness.
Please. I ask that the International Community of activists, UNICEF, politicians in Malawi and International Human rights lawyers speak up and help these men.
By doing this, protection of individual rights will be served and precedent set to in order to open the doors for other couples to be able to stop living in fear.
As for me, I will continue to work in Malawi and continue to speak up and out. No one can stop me.
I won't give up on this beautiful country because I know that these draconian laws betray the great beauty of this country I love so much.
You can take action right now. Sign this petition to encourage UNICEF and the United Nations to pressure Malawi to forgo this trial and release these innocent men. The text of this petition is below:
To: UNICEF and The United Nations
In December, Malawi's first gay couple got married, Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza.
Next week they are to stand trial. They face up to fourteen years in prison and hard labor for their actions of proclaiming their love for each other and getting married.
Malawi is a beautiful country and is rich in culture and diversity. This ruling will be a stain on its beauty and richness. We ask that the International Community of activists, UNICEF, politicians in Malawi and International Human Rights lawyers speak up and help these men. By doing this, protection of individual rights will be served and precedent set to in order to open the doors for other couples to be able to stop living in fear.
Please sign this petition in support of these two men and stop this trial and its violation of human rights. Let's uphold the right to love, regardless of gender, protected from court punishment and discrimination.
Sincerely,
The Undersigned
Write to us at info@i-live-here.com
Oikeus rakastaa kuuluu minustakin kaikille ja gay-avioliitot on yksi syistä miksi en kuulu kirkkoon, joten tämä vaikutti hyvältä maanantaihottis-materiaalilta. Aiheeseen liittyvän vetoomuksen voi allekirjoittaa täällä.
Toinen konsti on tukea pariskuntaa kirjoittamalla kirje tai kortti:
Malawian couple Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga
BLANTYRE, Malawi – The two men on trial for charges of homosexuality in Malawi have issued a defiant message from their prison cell, affirming their love for each other and thanking their supporters.
Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga's statements were relayed from inside Chichiri Prison in Blantyre to Peter Tatchell of the human rights group OutRage.
The pair were arrested for gross indecency in December. Several weeks ago a Malawi judge declared that they will face a full trial, which could land the pair with a 14-year prison sentence, including hard labor.
But the statement, released today, show's continued strength. Tiwonge said: "I love Steven so much. If people or the world cannot give me the chance and freedom to continue living with him as my lover, then I am better off to die here in prison. Freedom without him is useless and meaningless."
"We have come a long way and even if our family relatives are not happy, I will not and never stop loving Tiwonge," said Steven.
"We are thankful for the people who have rallied behind us during this difficult time. We are grateful to the people who visit and support us, which really makes us feel to be members of a human family; otherwise we would feel condemned," said Tiwonge.
Steven added: "All the support is well appreciated. We are grateful to everybody who is doing this for us. May people please continue the commendable job. Keep sending some small contribution. The money you send to us is so valuable and it makes such a huge difference between life and death, as prison life is very difficult. With the money we are able to buy some extra food to supplement our intake of the much needed vitamins and proteins."
Tatchell has praised the pair. "Steven and Tiwonge are showing immense fortitude and courage. They declared their love in a society where many people - not all - are very intolerant and homophobic. This was a very brave thing to do. Although suffering in prison, they are unbowed. They continue to maintain their love and affirm their human right to be treated with dignity and respect," he said.
"They have taken a pioneering stand for the right to love. They love each other, have harmed no one and believe that love should not be a crime. It is nobody's business what they do in the privacy of their own home. There is no evidence that they have committed any crime under Malawian law. They should not be on trial or in prison. Although not convicted of an offence, they have already spent four months behind bars.
Until quite recently Steven and Tiwonge did not realize that they had been adopted as Prisoners of Conscience by Amnesty International. When this news was relayed to them in prison they were, to quote one source: "Very happy with the effort made by Amnesty Inthttp://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=410359758337087582ernational to accord them this status. They offer their thanks to Amnesty."
Write a letter to Steven and Tiwonge
Help boost their spirits. Show them you care. Send a letter or postcard of support:
Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza
Prisoners, Chichiri Prison
P.O. Box 30117
Blantyre 3, Malawi
BLANTYRE, Malawi – The two men on trial for charges of homosexuality in Malawi have issued a defiant message from their prison cell, affirming their love for each other and thanking their supporters.
Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga's statements were relayed from inside Chichiri Prison in Blantyre to Peter Tatchell of the human rights group OutRage.
The pair were arrested for gross indecency in December. Several weeks ago a Malawi judge declared that they will face a full trial, which could land the pair with a 14-year prison sentence, including hard labor.
But the statement, released today, show's continued strength. Tiwonge said: "I love Steven so much. If people or the world cannot give me the chance and freedom to continue living with him as my lover, then I am better off to die here in prison. Freedom without him is useless and meaningless."
"We have come a long way and even if our family relatives are not happy, I will not and never stop loving Tiwonge," said Steven.
"We are thankful for the people who have rallied behind us during this difficult time. We are grateful to the people who visit and support us, which really makes us feel to be members of a human family; otherwise we would feel condemned," said Tiwonge.
Steven added: "All the support is well appreciated. We are grateful to everybody who is doing this for us. May people please continue the commendable job. Keep sending some small contribution. The money you send to us is so valuable and it makes such a huge difference between life and death, as prison life is very difficult. With the money we are able to buy some extra food to supplement our intake of the much needed vitamins and proteins."
Tatchell has praised the pair. "Steven and Tiwonge are showing immense fortitude and courage. They declared their love in a society where many people - not all - are very intolerant and homophobic. This was a very brave thing to do. Although suffering in prison, they are unbowed. They continue to maintain their love and affirm their human right to be treated with dignity and respect," he said.
"They have taken a pioneering stand for the right to love. They love each other, have harmed no one and believe that love should not be a crime. It is nobody's business what they do in the privacy of their own home. There is no evidence that they have committed any crime under Malawian law. They should not be on trial or in prison. Although not convicted of an offence, they have already spent four months behind bars.
Until quite recently Steven and Tiwonge did not realize that they had been adopted as Prisoners of Conscience by Amnesty International. When this news was relayed to them in prison they were, to quote one source: "Very happy with the effort made by Amnesty Inthttp://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=410359758337087582ernational to accord them this status. They offer their thanks to Amnesty."
Write a letter to Steven and Tiwonge
Help boost their spirits. Show them you care. Send a letter or postcard of support:
Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza
Prisoners, Chichiri Prison
P.O. Box 30117
Blantyre 3, Malawi
Voi ihmiskunnan typeryyttä,miksi tässä kuvassa on iloisia ilmeitä?
Allekirjoitin vetoomuksen ja taidan lähettää jonkun sortin kirjeen/kortinkin. Kysymys kuuluu: missä on Madonna, Malawin pelastaja?:D
Jenny: diva bitch whore from hell<3

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti